The latest version of the Evo jacket gets the new i-Lume integrated LED to add to the host of features which have made this a best seller
This is a ‘relaxed’ fit jacket, which means it’s a little more forgiving to those of us of a more shapely figure. I have found that some ‘slim’ fitting jackets are too tight, but this one is just right – room to move.
- Waterproof, breathable and highly durable soft-touch2 layer fabric with mesh liner
- Reflective, water repel zips and surrounds
- Pit and rear vents
- Hand, chest and rear pockets
- Integrated i-Lume LED rear light
- Critically positioned highly reflective trim for 360° visibility
- Optional hood available separately
- 100% Polyester (Outer) 100% Polyester (Lining)
- Breathability rating 15,000
I have had this for a while now, and have enjoyed it thoroughly.
Initially I was looking to buy the black version, possibly pushing to the red one, but after taking part in an organised ride, where one of the organisers was wearing this jacket and as we set off through the trees I could where he was very easily; consequently I chose the yellow version – it positively glows! This is perfect for the city cyclist, where visibility is a high priority.
If you are wondering about it, it is simply a red LED housed in a silicone round button about 20cm in diameter. It fits in to a plastic ring mounted in the flap that covers the back pocket, resting in easy reach of my questing hands. Pressing the silicone part starts the sequence of:
On <press> Flashing fast <press> Flashing Slow <press> Off
I have (sadly) had occasion to test the waterproofing in the usual Yorkshire downpours, and my top half was both warm and dry – sadly not the case for my legs (due to my leggings).
A great jacket for the latter half of the year – highly visible, warm and dry.
I’ll give it a 10/10!