Pea and Ham Soup
Lower in carbohydrates, serve on its own during rest or recovery days or, if you are riding, serve with some bread or pitta bread and increase the nutritional values.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 38g
Dietary Fiber 8g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 cups garden peas
- Spray olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1½ litres chicken stock
- 150g lean sliced ham
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley and chives, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Spray a large pan with oil and heat.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook over a medium heat for about 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the peas and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered until the peas are very soft.
- Skim off any froth while cooking.
- Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Stir in ham, parsley and chives and heat through.
- Season to taste and serve.
- Serve with some warm crusty bread for maximum Winter comfort. For a little twist try some Bavarian smoked ham.
Simon Rochester http://www.simonrochester.co.uk/