Peppered Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Quick to make and perfect for an evening meal with a good balance of carbohydrates and protein.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 16g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 115g
Dietary Fiber 16g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 330g jasmine rice
- Spray of olive oil
- 500g rump steak, cut into thin
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 500g packet mixed stir-fry
- 1 bunch baby bok choy,
- coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 40g blanched almonds
- 20g fresh coriander leaves
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 12 minutes or according to the instructions and drain well.
- Spray a non-stick wok or frying pan with oil and heat.
- Stir-fry the beef and pepper in 2 batches over a high heat for 2-3 minutes or until well browned and tender. Remove from pan.
- Reheat the pan, add garlic and spring onion and stir-fry for 1 minute or until spring onion is soft.
- Add remaining vegetables and stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until tender but still crisp.
- Add oyster sauce and honey to the pan and stir through.
- Return beef to the wok and stir until heated through then stir in nuts and coriander leaves.
- Either mix in the rice or serve it separately.
Simon Rochester http://www.simonrochester.co.uk/