Quick Egg Fried Rice
Quick fried rice, and a simple recipe. Ticks that "I need something savoury" box.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 73g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 Tbsp Dark Soy
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ onion, finely sliced
- 2 Cups Cooked Boiled Rice (cold cooked rice is the best)
- 1 Cup Peas
- In a bowl, mix the Soy, Eggs and Oil to a loose consistency (just break the eggs up a little).
- Warm your wok, and drop in the mixture for a few seconds until the eggs solidify - this really looks quite a mess.
- Return the mixture to the bowl.
- Add the Onions and gently fry until soft but not browned.
- Add the Rice to the Wok, stir and cook for about 3 minutes to warm it up.
- Add the Soy, Egg, Oil mixture, stir continually and cook for 3 minutes..
- Add the peas and any meats and cook for about 7 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Make sure that everything is cooked and server.
- Try adding some cooked meat or Prawns, during the frying process to add to the flavour, also try using a different type of oil to give the rice a subtle flavour.
- Adding some sliced chillies and/or Peppers, and a few finely sliced Spring Onions will spice up this dish.
Simon Rochester http://www.simonrochester.co.uk/