Red Thai Chicken Curry
A healthy alternative to ordering in a take-away, that still tastes and feels like a treat.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 25g
Saturated Fat 19g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 103g
Dietary Fiber 13g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 375ml coconut milk
- 125ml chicken stock
- 500g chicken fillets, cut
- into strips
- 250g green beans, cut into
- 3 cm lengths
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 baby aubergines, thinly sliced
- 2 cups jasmine or long grain rice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- Spray a nonstick wok or frying pan with oil and heat.
- Add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes until just soft.
- Add the curry paste and cook for another minute.
- Add the coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken, beans, pepper and aubergines.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally and making sure that the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile cook the rice following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and coriander, still well and simmer for a further 5 minutes on a low heat.
Simon Rochester http://www.simonrochester.co.uk/