A classic pecan pie. Serve with whipped double cream or vanilla ice cream.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 552
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 64g
Saturated Fat 16g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 15g
Monounsaturated Fat 30g
Total Carbohydrates 75g
Dietary Fiber 6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 110g/4oz unsalted butter
- 110g/4oz golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g/8oz brown sugar
- 3 free-range eggs, beaten
- 1 x 245g/8½oz shop-bought shortcrust pastry case
- 285g/10oz pecan nuts, halved
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Place the butter, golden syrup, vanilla extract and sugar into a heavy-based saucepan over a low heat.
- When the butter has melted, remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the beaten eggs to the mixture and stir well.
- Set aside a small handful of the pecan nuts. Arrange the remaining pecan halves evenly in the pastry case and carefully pour over the syrup mixture.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 40-50 minutes - the pie will be golden-brown, but the filling should still be slightly soft.
- Leave the pie to cool on a wire tray. As the pie begins to set, decorate the top with the reserved pecan halves. Serve in slices.
- I just chucked all the pecans in the pastry case and it was lovely!
Simon Rochester http://www.simonrochester.co.uk/