Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Pulled pork without processed ingredients. Dip in hot sauce or eat unaccompanied.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 344
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 38g
Saturated Fat 12g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Total Carbohydrates 28g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt (if desired, you can cut back on the salt by only using 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (if desired, you can cut back on the pepper by only using ½ teaspoon of cayenne)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 3 to 3 ½ pounds pork shoulder, cut in half
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together the first six ingredients (all of the spices) with a fork.
- Pour in the honey, vinegar, and olive oil and stir to form a paste.
- Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top it with the 2 pieces of pork and then pour the honey paste over all sides of the pork pieces. It’s okay if some of it (or a lot of it) just drips down to the bottom.
- Turn the slow cooker on to low and cook for 7 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender enough to be easily shredded with a fork.
- Serve warm with fixings like home made coleslaw and cornbread. My husband also likes his dipped in a little hot sauce. Refrigerate or freeze the leftovers.
Simon Rochester http://www.simonrochester.co.uk/