Spicy Bean Burgers
This mixture makes 4 VERY large burgers or 6 smaller ones.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 13g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 slices of bread
- Fresh coriander
- 1 tin of cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tin of kidney beans, drained
- 1 egg
- ½ onion
- 3‐4 small mushrooms
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder or a few drops of Tabasco sauce
- 4‐6 bread rolls
- Blitz the bread and a good handful of fresh coriander together to make breadcrumbs. Remove Half.
- In a blender put the beans with the remaining breadcrumbs and egg. Blend together but leave chunky, add more breadcrumbs if mixture appears too wet. Remove to a large mixing bowl.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients until reasonably fine (some chunks is ok).
- Dust hands with flour and shape mixture in to burger shapes.
- Fry burgers in a pan, on a medium heat until brown and hot all the way through.
- Serve burgers in a bread bun with ketchup and salad. Lovely with potato wedges too.
Simon Rochester http://www.simonrochester.co.uk/