Baked Haddock & Cabbage Risotto
A simple, risotto, without all the faff! Peas and broccoli also go well in this, and someone suggested adding a splash of white wine too!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 20g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 30g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 300g risotto rice
- 1l fish or vegetable stock
- 280g wedge Savoy cabbages, thickly sliced
- 400g skinless smoked haddock
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche (can use natural yoghurt)
- 50g parmesan, freshly grated
- Heat oven to 200°C (fan oven) 180°C or Gas Mark 6.
- Heat oil in a 2 litre casserole dish, then soften the onion over a medium heat for about 5 mins.
- Tip in the rice and cook for 2 mins, stirring well.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, then add the cabbage. Cover and bake for 20 mins.
- Remove the pan from the oven and give the rice a stir. Place the fish on top of the rice, replace the lid, then bake for 10 mins.
- Flake the fish into large chunks and stir into the rice with the Crème fraîche and half the Parmesan. Season with freshly ground pepper, then sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan to serve.
- Try adding some smoked paprika, garlic to the onions, a courgette and 2 large mushrooms (added just after the onion/garlic).
Simon Rochester http://www.simonrochester.co.uk/