These homemade energy bars are quick and easy to make, delicious, and offer a good amount of immediate energy for on the bike.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 22g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- oil spray
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 cups granola
- 85g chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) and spray an 8-inch square baking tin with cooking oil.
- In a bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Stir in the honey, add a few sprays of oil and the orange zest.
- Stir in the granola and walnuts. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the mixture in the baking pan and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and set.
- Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 9 squares.
- Store tightly covered in the fridge.
Simon Rochester http://www.simonrochester.co.uk/