Warming and filling, with a big protein hit, what's not to love!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 23g
Saturated Fat 8g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 20g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillet, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 150g Chopped Chorizo Sausage (about 0.5cm cubes)
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 750ml chicken stock
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 300g medium prawns
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- Spray a large pan with a little oil and heat.
- Cook the chicken over a high heat for five minutes or until browned and tender. Remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Add the onion and celery to the pan and cook over a medium heat for about three minutes.
- Add the peppers and chopped chorizo and cook for a further three minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stock, water and thyme, bring to the boil, cover and cook over a low heat until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir through the chicken, prawns and broccoli and cook uncovered for a further five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- I like to reduce the sauce down a little to thicken it up, and add a couple of chillies for some spice.
- For something a little more exotic and truly Cajun, try swapping the prawns for Crocodile (if you can get it)! It really makes for a different but wonderful taste.
- Serve with rice or brown bread.
Simon Rochester http://www.simonrochester.co.uk/